“Kitchen Sink” Charred Vegetables with Garlic Panko and Gorgonzola Dolce
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 ½ lb.), sliced into ¾-inch thick rounds
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided, plus additional for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large or 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced into ¾-inch rounds
- 12 broccoli leaves, or 6-8 large leaves from a bunch of hardy greens, such as spigarello, kale, or collards, stemmed and cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 6 oz. gorgonzola dolce, cut or torn into small pieces
- Garlic Panko, for serving (see note below)
Preheat oven to 400°F, with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Divide sweet potatoes between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with 2 Tbs. olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and transfer to oven. Roast 30 minutes, until softened and beginning to turn golden on the undersides.
Meanwhile, place leeks in a medium bowl. Toss with 1 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Remove baking sheets, flip sweet potatoes that have begun to brown, top with leeks, and return to oven, being sure to return the pan that was once on the top rack to the bottom rack, and vice versa. Continue roasting for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, until leeks begin to turn golden and sweet potatoes are browning and caramelized.
Meanwhile, place broccoli leaves in the same bowl that held the leeks and toss with remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove baking sheets from oven, flipping pieces of leek and sweet potato as necessary to encourage even browning, and top with greens. Return to oven, again rotating baking sheets from top to bottom, and continue roasting, stirring once, until greens are wilted and edges begin to brown, and sweet potatoes and leeks are deeply golden, 12 to 15 minutes more.
Transfer vegetables to a large serving platter. Drizzle with additional olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper, top with gorgonzola and Garlic Panko, and serve.