Asian Pear-Cranberry Clafoutis
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup creme de coco
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1 large Asian pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
Generously grease a large cast-iron skillet or round baking dish with 2 Tbs. of the melted butter.
In a blender, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Blend to combine. With the blender on low, gradually add the milk, creme de coco, ricotta, and vanilla through the feed tube. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the side of the container as necessary. Blend until smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and evenly distribute the cranberries and Asian pear slices over the top. Gently brush pear slices with remaining 1 Tbs. butter. Transfer to oven and bake until puffed, slightly set, and brown around edges, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes (it will sink). Avoid opening oven door to peek!
Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve immediately.