Serve the aïoli with the fideuà, or with any grilled seafood.
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard, such as Maille
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Blend the egg, yolk, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a blender or food processor until well combined, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the vegetable and olive oils until thick and emulsified, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until ready to serve.