Perfect roasted potatoes, says Chef Spicer, “are all about the herbs—sage, rosemary, and thyme, just like the song.” Feel free to add your favorite herbs. And don’t forget to toss the potatoes while they’re in the oven; it helps them to cook evenly.
Garlic- and Herb-Roasted Potatoes
- 4 lb. medium Red Bliss potatoes, cut into quarters or eighths, depending on size
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 medium cloves garlic, peeled and lightly smashed
- 8 medium sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 medium sprigs fresh sage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread the potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil, garlic, thyme, and sage. Season with 2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Roast in the oven, tossing occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and golden around the edges, about 1 hour. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper and serve.