Sesame tahini adds a nutty, earthy flavor to this salad.
Herb Salad with Pistachios and Raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbs. fresh lemon juice; more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 medium radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup pistachios, lightly toasted
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- Soak the raisins in a small bowl of warm water for 30 minutes; drain and set aside. In another small bowl, whisk the tahini, 3 Tbs. of the olive oil, 3 Tbs. of the lemon juice, 1 Tbs. water, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Adjust the seasoning to taste, adding more water by the tablespoon if the mixture is too thick. Spread the mixture on the bottom of a serving platter or individual salad plates.
- In a large bowl, toss the parsley, chives, cilantro, dill, fennel, mint, and tarragon with the remaining 2 Tbs. oil and 1 Tbs. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Top the tahini with the herb mixture and then the radishes, pistachios, sesame seeds, and raisins, and serve.