Although quick enough for a busy weeknight, this grilled salmon dish will also impress guests. Be sure to use wild king salmon, also called chinook, for the best flavor.
King Salmon with Tomato-Anchovy Vinaigrette
- 2 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes (about 13 oz. each), coarsely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 Tbs. capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil; more for grilling the salmon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 6-oz. pieces skin-on king salmon fillets
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high (400°F to 475°F).
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, anchovies, olives, garlic, capers, parsley, lemon juice, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush the salmon with oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and transfer to the grill. Cook until medium rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with the tomato-anchovy vinaigrette.