If Little Gem lettuce is unavailable, bright green, crisp hearts of romaine or baby romaine are a fine substitution.
Little Gem Salad with Prosciutto
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs. whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 4 heads Little Gem lettuce, trimmed and quartered
- 3 oz. thinly sliced Prosciutto di Parma, cut in half lengthwise
- In a small bowl, whisk the anchovies, garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard, honey, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Drizzle in the oil, whisking until emulsified. Gently stir in the chives.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter, drizzle with most of the vinaigrette, top with the prosciutto, drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette, and serve.