The tartness of fresh cranberries is tempered by the sweet counterpoint of maple syrup in this twist on a classic.
Maple-Tangerine Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups strained fresh tangerine juice (5 to 6 tangerines)
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, preferably grade B
- 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. finely grated tangerine zest
- Pinch kosher salt
- In a 10-inch skillet combine all the ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and then reduce to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened somewhat and looks slightly syrupy, about 30 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and let the cranberry sauce cool in the pan—it will thicken more as it cools. Serve at room temperature.
Make Ahead Tips
May be made up to 1 week ahead.