This twist on the classic Moscow Mule cocktail (lime, vodka, and ginger beer) incorporates that Hawaiian staple, pineapple.
- 1 pineapple wedge, plus 2 Tbs. diced pineapple
- 2 Tbs. turbinado sugar
- 1/2 lime, plus a lime wheel for garnish
- 2 fl. oz. vodka, preferably Pau Maui or Ocean
- 4 fl. oz. ginger beer
- Peychaud’s bitters
- Coat the pineapple wedge in the sugar. Using a kitchen torch or under a preheated broiler, heat the pineapple until the sugar is brown and caramelized. Set aside.
- Put the diced pineapple and lime half in a highball glass. Muddle until the lime and pineapple juices are released. Fill the glass with ice. Add the vodka and ginger beer and stir to combine. Top with a shake or 2 of bitters and garnish with the lime wheel and pineapple wedge.
- Serve immediately.