Brightly acidic, herbaceous Chimichurri forms a perfect marriage with the complex richness of roast lamb.
- Kosher salt
- 6 oz. stinging nettles
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped lovage leaves
- 2 oz. flat-leaf parsley, leaves and tender stems, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 large bunch)
- 2 oz. cilantro, leaves and tender stems, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 large bunch)
- 1/2 oz. chives, coarsely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chile flakes
- Bring a 6-quart pot of well-salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. Blanch the nettles until bright green and wilted, about 1-1/2 minutes. Transfer to the ice bath with a slotted spoon. When cool, drain, squeeze out excess water, and coarsely chop.
- Combine the blanched stinging nettles, lovage, parsley, cilantro, chives, garlic, and sherry vinegar in a food processor. With the motor running, add the avocado oil in a slow stream and blend until the mixture becomes thick and smooth. Season to taste with 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the chile flakes. Refrigerate overnight to develop flavors.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and chile flakes, if desired, and serve.