Fragrant, long-grained basmati rice lends substance to this crunchy, fruity blend. For tips on selecting and cooking different varieties of the grain, see The Science of Cooking Rice.
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
- 7 oz. (about 1 cup) dried apricots, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 oz. (3/4 cup) pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 6 medium scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Transfer the rice to a medium bowl. Using a fork, fluff in the dried apricots, pecans, green onions, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.