You can keep this zesty quick pickle in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 lb. fresh okra
- 1 medium red onion (about 10 oz.), thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeño, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 cups unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. coriander seed
- 1 tsp. dill seed
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Divide the okra, onion, jalapeño, dill, and cilantro between two clean, dry 1-quart canning jars or a 2-1/2 quart heat-resistant glass bowl with lid. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the vinegar, 1-1/2 cups water, the honey, spices, bay leaves, and 2 Tbs. salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then lower to a simmer, stirring until the salt is dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture directly over the okra.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 14 days.