Sautéed Shrimp with Mushrooms, Pork Belly, and Miso Butter
1 pound of pork belly bacon/lardons
1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon miso butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 pound Japanese mushrooms, stemmed, such as shiitake
1/4 cup chopped scallion
2 Tbs. fried garlic
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Place a frying pan or skillet on the stove over medium heat, once it is hot, add the lardons. Spread them then stir and cook the lardon until crispy, stirring them occasionally, this should take about 7-10 minutes.
2. Once the fat is melted out, remove the rendered bacon pieces with a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper-towel-lined plate.
3. Pour off all by 1 tablespoon of the the fat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.. Bring pan back to medium heat and sauté the mushrooms.
4. Lightly season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to the pan with the mushrooms and cook until non-translucent. Lower the heat and add miso butter and bacon, give your ingredients a gentle toss.
5. Transfer to a plate and finish with chopped scallion, fried garlic, and toasted sesame seeds.