1⁄4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced (or 2 pieces of jarred of roasted red pepper, diced)
4 cloves of garlic
3 roma tomatoes, finely diced
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1 pinch saffron threads
Salt and pepper
1⁄4 cup white wine
2 cups Spanish Rice
5 cups fish stock or chicken stock
1⁄2 cup frozen peas
2 lb. mixed seafood, such as shrimp, mussels, clams, crab
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato, bay leaf, saffron and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes
- Add white wine, and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and season.
- Add the rice and mix the ingredients.
- Slowly pour the over the ingredients and jiggle the pan to get the rice into an even layer. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a medium low.
- Cook for about 15 minutes then nestle the seafood (shrimps, mussels, clams) into the mixture and sprinkle peas on top and cook for 5 minutes. (Do not stir.) You want the liquid to be mostly absorbed and the rice tender. If it’s not cooked add ¼ cup more liquid.
- Remove from the heat. Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and lemons and serve.