This recipe is super simple, but it’s packed with flavor from the pickled jalapeños and steak seasoning
Soy-Marinated Grilled Beef Tenderloin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2-1/2 oz. sliced pickled jalapeños (about 1/4 cup), plus 2-1/2 Tbs. pickling juice
- 1 Tbs. purchased or homemade steak seasoning, such as Montreal steak seasoning
- 8 1-1/2-inch-thick beef tenderloin steaks , preferably Certified Angus Beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 to 15 small basil leaves, fresh or fried, for garnish (optional)
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the soy sauce, jalapeños, pickling juice, and seasoning. Add the steaks, turn to coat, and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a medium-high (400°F to 475°F) gas or charcoal grill fire.
- Grill the steaks with the grill closed, flipping once, until medium rare (130°F to 135°F), about 8 minutes total. Remove from grill, season lightly with salt and pepper, tent lightly with foil, and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the basil leaves, if using.