Summer Farm Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
About 12 cups lettuce, arugula and other fresh greens from the farm
1 cup fresh herbs: basil, chervil, dill, parsley, etc.
2 to 3 radishes, thinly sliced
3 oranges, apples, peaches or nectarines thinly sliced or sectioned or supremed
2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
3 ripe avocados, sliced
1 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
Flaky sea salt
For the Vinaigrette
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chop or pull lettuce greens and herbs into bite sized pieces
- Thinly slice radish.
- Supreme oranges or thinly slice apples or stone fruit.
- Place all of the salad ingredients into the bowl and season with Malden salt to taste.
- Place all of the lemon vinaigrette ingredients into a mason jar and shake until emulsified.
- Drizzle the salad with vinaigrette and toss with hands or tongs until lightly coated.